21st Century Networking
If you are a teacher or trainer interested in blending online teaching and learning into your world of work, you've found the right place.
Working online helps you change landscape of education.
Online teaching provides global perspective and geographical independence.
This is the career for lifelong learners!
The perfect online job is waiting for talented educators who combine Subject Matter Expertise, E-learning and Teaching Experience and 21st Century Networking.
Start where you work
- Gain the training and experience to earn an online job where you are working now.
- Let your professional circle know you are pursuing an e-learning certificate or a degree online and it may open the door for you in your current position.
Build your subject area expertise as an online student
- Add online teaching skills to your existing subject area expertise.
- Successful online students become successful online teachers because they have experience and know what works.
- As you develop relationships with other participants in each online course, your peers can become job search networking contacts, as well as a support system during your job search.
Social Media Networking for Online Teaching
ELearning and Online Teaching (Facebook Professional Page)
Making a Living Teaching Online (Facebook Group / the Babb group)
Path to Online Teaching -- Carolyn Burgess helps you think about this interesting career. (the Babb group)
Up and Running with LinkedIn Video Training from Lynda.com -- All UW-Stout online students get a professional level Lynda.com account.
Using LinkedIn to Network for Online Teaching Jobs -- Sound advice from Dr.Tara Ross
Anatomy of a Perfect LinkedIn Profile (Infographic) - A fresh look at your profile, updated October 2016.
LinkedIn groups provide networking opportunities. The entire service is based on the idea that it's best to know someone on the inside
Groups to consider:
- United States Distance Learning Association --"The learning communities that USDLA addresses are: pre K-12, higher education, continuing education, corporate training, military and government training, home schooling and telemedicine."
- UW-Stout Certificate Programs: E-Learning and Online Teaching + Instructional Design --"This group is for educators and trainers who have earned one of our certificates. We also encourage those who are currently enrolled, former students, or faculty at UW-Stout to join this community."
- Blended Learning for K-12 --"Building extraordinary K-12 schools is the ultimate goal for all of us. In this group, High Schools Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, Curriculum Directors, Principals, and Teachers share ideas and experiences..."
The following professional organizations will help you develop career networking.