Generally, research does NOT include:
- Classroom activities that teach research methodologies or simulate research activities
- Activities conducted to improve the quality of teaching in a particular classroom
- Activities required for quality assessment (QA) or quality improvement (QI)
- Institutional research studies that are not intended to be generalized beyond UW-Stout
- Evaluation of speakers or other presentations conducted for the purposes of improving the presentation the next time
If you are not sure if the research you are proposing is covered by these rules and regulations, check with the IRB Administrator at UW-Stout; Research Services Office 715-232-1126.